8.28.2009

Favorite Food

If there is something I wish I could eat everyday it would be chocolate chip cookies...or cupcakes...or maybe a good milk chocolate bar, pretty much all sweets. But I think chocolate chip cookies is what I craved the most while I was preggo, preferable made from store bought cookie dough (Tollhouse or Pillsbury).
The first is for my favorite frosting, Cream Cheese! And the second recipe is my favorite to make, Rolled Sugar cookies.

Cream Cheese Frosting

  • 1 pkg of cream cheese
  • 1/2 stick of butter or margarine
  • 1 lb powdered sugar
  • 1 tblspoon milk (optional)

The cream cheese and butter should be at room temperature. Using a mixer cream the butter, milk and cream cheese together then gradually add the sugar until you get the consistency you like. You can add vanilla extract if you want.
I usually make mine pretty thick cuz I like the grainy feel of the frosting.
This frosting also tastes awesome sandwiched between two chocolate chip cookies.

This is a recipe I found on allrecipes.com and modified it with my own secret ingredients.

Rolled Sugar Cookies

  • 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 5 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
and my no longer secret ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 teaspoon almond extract
  • 2 tablespoons allspice
In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inc
h apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely and decorate.




No comments:

Post a Comment